Dr. Ni Wayan Suriastini, M.Phil.
Ni Wayan Suriastini (MPhil Public Policy RAND Graduate School and PhD in Population Policy from the Gadjah Mada University) is a researcher and the Executive Director at SurveyMETER. Suriastini has been involved in large scale household, community, facilities and local government surveys for over 28 years. She has played key roles as survey manager or team leader of more than two dozens surveys including multi-purpose surveys, RCTs, impact evaluations and has a vast experience managing both quantitative and qualitative surveys in all parts of Indonesia. Research focus health and wellbeing early life education, , maternal and child health, age friendlycommunities and healthy aging. Among other studies, The Indonesia Family Life Survey (IFLS)1, IFLS2, IFLS2+, Study of Tsunami Aftermath and Recovery (STAR), Transparency and for development (T4D), MCC Indonesia Nutrition Project Impact Evaluation, The Individual Deprivation Measure.
- Wayan Suriastini PhD, Anne L. Buffardi PhD & Jejen Fauzan BA (2019) What Prompts Policy Change? Comparative Analyses of Efforts to Create Age-Friendly Cities in 14 Cities in Indonesia, Journal of Aging & Social Policy, 31:3, 250-270, DOI: 10.1080/08959420.2019.1589889
- Cas, Ava & Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Suriastini, Wayan & Thomas, Duncan. (2014). The Impact of Parental Death on Child Well-being: Evidence From the Indian Ocean Tsunami. Demography. 51. 10.1007/s13524-014-0279-8.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Sikoki, Bondan & Sumantri, Cecep & Suriastini, Wayan & Thomas, Duncan. (2013). Education, Vulnerability, and Resilience after a Natural Disaster. Ecology and society : a journal of integrative science for resilience and sustainability. 18. 16. 10.5751/ES-05377-180216.
- Thomas, Duncan & Sikoki, Bondan & Sumantri, Cecep & Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Witoelar, Firman & Strauss, John & Suriastini, Wayan. (2010). Cutting the Costs of Attrition: Results from the Indonesia Family Life Survey. esocialsciences.com, Working Papers. 98. 10.1016/j.jdeveco.2010.08.015.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Buttenheim, Alison & Sikoki, Bondan & Suriastini, Wayan. (2009). Do Women Increase Their Use of Reproductive Health Care When It Becomes More Available? Evidence from Indonesia. Studies in family planning. 40. 27-38. 10.1111/j.1728-4465.2009.00184.x.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Friedman, Jed & Gillespie, Thomas & Ingwersen, Nicholas & Pynoos, Robert & Rifai, Iip & Sikoki, Bondan & Steinberg, Alan & Sumantri, Cecep & Suriastini, Wayan & Thomas, Duncan. (2008). Mental Health in Sumatra After the Tsunami. American journal of public health. 98. 1671-7. 10.2105/AJPH.2007.120915.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Suriastini, Wayan & Thomas, Duncan. (2005). Can expanding access to basic health care improve children's health status? Lesson's from Indonesia's “Midwife in the Village” program. Population studies. 59. 5-19. 10.1080/0032472052000332674.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Sikoki, Bondan & Suriastini, Wayan. (2003). Contraceptive Use in a Changing Service Environment: Evidence from Indonesia During the Economic Crisis. Studies in family planning. 34. 103-16. 10.1111/j.1728-4465.2003.00103.x.
- Ni Wayan Suriastini, Ragil Safitri, Titis Putri Ambarwati, Nadia Fitriani, Bondan Sikoki (2019) Is it Beneficial Exposing Students to Senior?, Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research. October 2019. (https://www.atlantis-press.com/proceedings/icispe-18/125922573)
- Identifying Survey Respondents: Testing Alternatives to a Census By Jessica Creighton, Assistant Director, Transparency for Development Initiative , Wayan Suriastini, Executive Director, SurveyMETER April 10, 2018 (http://www.data4sdgs.org/news/identifying-survey-respondents-testing-alternatives-census)
- Estimating the return on investment of policy research and engagement by Tanty Nurhayati Djafar , Ni Wayan Suriastini , and Arnaldo Pellini (http://www.thinktankinitiative.org/blog/estimating-return-investment-policy-research-and-engagement-0)
- The Indonesia Family Life Survey(IFLS)1, IFLS2, IFLS2+, https://www.rand.org/well-being/social-and-behavioral-policy/data/FLS/IFLS/teamfund.html
- Study of Tsunami Aftermath and Recovery (STAR), http://stardata.org/investigators.html
- Transparency and for development (T4D), https://epod.cid.harvard.edu/project/transparency-development-t4d; http://www.data4sdgs.org/news/identifying-survey-respondents-testing-alternatives-census
- MCC Indonesia Nutrition Project Impact Evaluation, https://www.mathematica.org/our-publications-and-findings/publications/mcc-indonesia-nutrition-project-impact-evaluation-final-report; https://www.mathematica.org/our-publications-and-findings/publications/mcc-indonesia-nutrition-project-impact-evaluation-baseline-report