Bondan Sikoki, S.E., M.A
(MA, Sociology / Population Science, University of Michigan, 1979) is the field director for IRMS2, IFLS2, IFLS2 + and IFLS3. She is also the field director for Work and Iron Status Evaluation (WISE), a large scale iron supplementation experiment in Central Java, led by Elizabeth Frankenberg and Duncan Thomas (PIs at IFLS2 and 2+, who will be consultants for ISLS4), funded by NIA , and from a new survey in Aceh, to study the impact of the tsunami.
Sikoki has extensive experience wor
king with RAND on large-scale quantitative surveys and has written many studies with Frankenberg, Thomas and Strauss and is a co-author of a book written with Strauss about changing the living standards of Indonesians. She has more than 25 years of experience managing surveys in Indonesia and 5 years of experience working with CPPS at UGM. As a co-PI on IFLS4, Sikoki works primarily in locations in Indonesia, leading efforts to test survey instruments, recruit and train field staff, and oversee field work.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Sikoki, Bondan & Sumantri, Cecep & Suriastini, Wayan & Thomas, Duncan. (2013). Education, Vulnerability, and Resilience after a Natural Disaster. Ecology and society : a journal of integrative science for resilience and sustainability. 18. 16. 10.5751/ES-05377-180216.
- Thomas, Duncan & Sikoki, Bondan & Sumantri, Cecep & Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Witoelar, Firman & Strauss, John & Suriastini, Wayan. (2010). Cutting the Costs of Attrition: Results from the Indonesia Family Life Survey. esocialsciences.com, Working Papers. 98. 10.1016/j.jdeveco.2010.08.015.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Buttenheim, Alison & Sikoki, Bondan & Suriastini, Wayan. (2009). Do Women Increase Their Use of Reproductive Health Care When It Becomes More Available? Evidence from Indonesia. Studies in family planning. 40. 27-38. 10.1111/j.1728-4465.2009.00184.x.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Friedman, Jed & Gillespie, Thomas & Ingwersen, Nicholas & Pynoos, Robert & Rifai, Iip & Sikoki, Bondan & Steinberg, Alan & Sumantri, Cecep & Suriastini, Wayan & Thomas, Duncan. (2008). Mental Health in Sumatra After the Tsunami. American journal of public health. 98. 1671-7. 10.2105/AJPH.2007.120915.
- Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Sikoki, Bondan & Suriastini, Wayan. (2003). Contraceptive Use in a Changing Service Environment: Evidence from Indonesia During the Economic Crisis. Studies in family planning. 34. 103-16. 10.1111/j.1728-4465.2003.00103.x.
- Ni Wayan Suriastini, Ragil Safitri, Titis Putri Ambarwati, Nadia Fitriani, Bondan Sikoki (2019) Is it Beneficial Exposing Students to Senior?, Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research. October 2019. (https://www.atlantis-press.com/proceedings/icispe-18/125922573)
- The Individual Deprivation Measure (IDM) study